You’ll want to pack long-sleeved shirts and pants, but if you tolerate slightly cooler temperatures well, shorts may also be appropriate. Comfortable shoes are a must for those hours spent roaming the park. Heavy sweaters or other light outerwear are ideal for cooler evenings, too.
You don’t necessarily need dressy clothes—if you want to visit one of Universal Orlando’s more upscale restaurants or the nightclubs at CityWalk, consider bringing resort casual attire.
Even though it’s November, a bathing suit may also come in handy, particularly if you are staying at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel. Pools are heated and there is enough sunshine this month to sunbathe. Remember to pack sunscreen as Florida’s rays can still wreak havoc, even through the fall.
November Events at Universal Orlando
Universal Orlando is lively at any time of year, but especially during the month following Halloween and leading up to Thanksgiving.
- Holidays at Universal Orlando: In the middle of November, the resort undergoes a holiday transformation. You’ll find both of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter lands decorated impeccably, and a special holiday show projected on Hogwarts Castle in Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure. Other special events include Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s, a balloon- and float-filled procession at Universal Studios. Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch is the star of the Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular at Islands of Adventure, which features a live show based on the classic tale. All will take place between November 14, 2020, and January 3, 2021.
- Halloween Horror Nights: One of the nation’s premier Halloween events, Horror Nights sometimes extends into the first few days of November for one last scare. If you time your visit to coincide with the event, you’ll be treated to haunted houses, scare zones, and shows. In 2020, this event was canceled.
November Travel Tips
- Save water rides like the Jurassic Park River Adventure for the warmest part of the day to avoid being wet and cold.
- The rates are generally among the lowest of the year in early November—all the more reason to stay at one of Universal’s on-property hotels: Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, or Royal Pacific. Another reason? All of Universal’s resorts allow guests entry into the Harry Potter lands before the parks open to the general public.
- Check Universal Orlando’s deals and specials for packages combining hotel accommodations and park tickets.
- Because it’s still plenty warm during the day in November, the resort’s water park—Volcano Bay—remains open and busy.
- Anyone visiting the week of Thanksgiving will be faced with massive crowds and lines for rides, shows, and attractions. Learn how to skip the lines at Universal’s parks by using the resort’s Express Pass program, as well as how to navigate its Virtual Line system. If you have the resources, consider reserving a VIP Experience, which gives you front-of-the-line access to all rides and shows as well as a guide to escort you around the parks.
Universal Studios Outfit Ideas
We’ve put together a theme park style guide filled with tips and chic looks to help you pick the perfect outfit for Universal Studios. Whether you’ll be in the Golden State or the Sunshine State, these outfits are fantastic options for what to wear during your day at Universal!
biking shorts + graphic tee
get the look:<
You seriously cannot go wrong when choosing spandex biking shorts for a comfy but chic look! These shorts are easy to style, breathable, and will definitely keep you comfortable as you spend the day exploring Universal.
Pair biking shorts with a graphic tee to create a perfect casual outfit, and even better if it’s a themed shirt like this Harry Potter one here. A denim jacket is great for cooler days or if you plan to stay at the park into the evening, and a belt bag is the perfect hands-free accessory for keeping your essentials.
Comfortable walking shoes are a must at theme parks, and trainers are perfect for exactly that. And like most of the fashion world right now, we are all about New Balance 574’s!
denim shorts + a breezy button-down
get the look:<
Denim shorts and a tank top are an obvious choice to wear to a theme park, but you can easily elevate this combo by adding an oversized button-down to the mix! Leave it unbuttoned for a laid-back look, and pair it with classic white sneakers for a clean and chic outfit.
Go with 100% cotton or breezy linen to keep you cool on a hot California or Florida day, but still provide protection from the sun. Additionally, you can upgrade a simple look like this even more by adding some simple gold jewelry and a belt bag or cute backpack.
midi skirt + a tank
get the look:<
We love a look with a laid-back vibe that is still chic and feminine. A floral midi skirt and tank top are a perfect look for the heat. This breezy outfit will keep you cool and comfy while walking around the theme park.
Strappy, cushioned sandals are great shoes for a day filled with walking, and they still pair perfectly with the girly aesthetic. Finish your look with gold jewelry, a stylish belt bag, and, of course, sunglasses!
get the look:<
What is the dress code for Universal?
Universal Studios does not have a strict dress code, although there are some guidelines to follow when choosing an outfit for the theme park.
- Themed outfits and costumes are OK, but the costumes shouldn’t be too large or include a mask or veil.
- Clothing that has obscenities or offensive language should be avoided.
- Outfits that resemble the uniforms worn by theme park employees and emergency personnel are not allowed.
go for a themed look
get the look:<
Speaking of themed outfits, this here is a perfect example of how to add that playful touch to your theme park look!
A Harry Potter-inspired outfit is perfect for strolling around Universal Studios, sipping on frozen butterbeer, and checking out the Hogwarts castle. You can tell that these outfits have that magical flair to them, but they’re still comfortable and great for a warm summer day.
Whether you want to show off your love for Harry Potter or Jurassic Park, you’ll definitely have the chance to do so at Universal. Just don’t forget to choose a costume or themed outfit that will keep you comfy all day. Opt for sneakers and weather-appropriate pieces, and you’ll be ready for your theme park adventure in no time!