December in Las Vegas does bring cooler weather than the blistering summers, but it never reaches frigid temperatures. However, the desert nights can be chilly.
What to Wear on the First Night in Vegas
So, you just landed in Las Vegas. You checked into the hotel and it’s time to grab a cocktail in a to-go cup and explore the Las Vegas Strip. But what to wear?
- Sensible flats or boots. The Strip is long with a lot of escalators and stairs and people. Don’t trash your feet the first night. Wear shoes you could walk 10k+ steps in
- Jeans. It’s going to be cold when you’re walking outside. I recommend pants. You can feel comfortable strolling jeans. It might not be nightclub attire, but you’ll be welcome most places if you plan to keep it pretty casual.
- Bodysuit. I’m all about layering in winter. It might be warm in a crowded bar and chilly when you walk outside. I went with a bodysuit in bright red. A pop of color and a little cleavage to match the va-va-voom of the Las Vegas lights.
- A statement jacket. Don’t be an idiot and catch a cold. Vegas nights can easily get into the 30s and walking around outside is just not a smart idea. Your jacket can make a big splash. I went with my Eloquii x Refinery29 Teddy Jacket.
What to Wear to Saturday Brunch in Vegas
Maybe you got a good night’s sleep (or maybe you didn’t because the glow of the slot machines pulled you in like a moth to a flame). Either way, you’re going to want to grab brunch. I recommend a trip downtown to get away from the hubbub and try brunch at a hipster restaurant on Fremont St. Covered in murals and old school neon signs, you’re going to want a cute outfit on to snap pics. Here’s what I’d recommend:
- A comfy dress. The kind you don’t have to wear Spanx in so you can really enjoy some good food. I chose an Eloquii Turtleneck Maxi Dress.
- Walking shoes. Different outfit, same boots. When you’re packing in a carry-on, try to have as many things as possible that can be mixed and matched.
- Your statement jacket (or the other one you threw in because let’s be honest, one just wasn’t enough).
What to Wear for a Winter Night Out in Vegas
Here it is. The big night out. If you want to go full Vegas in a skimpy mini dress, get after it. There’s no reason you have to go outside between Uber, the Monorail, and the hotel you’re staying in. But if you’re like me and plan to walk around and see where the night take you, consider a few more layers and (dare I say) pants. Here’s what I wore:
- Sheer bodysuit (the kind the requires a great bra). Great for layering and just enough sexy.
- Faux leather jacket. I’m obsessed with the two I own from Eloquii–one in black and one in Barbie pink. It’s fabulous.
- High-waisted black skinny jeans. I have a pair with a tuxedo stripe for a little extra edge.
- Nude block heels. Mine are just two inches high and from Target. I can wear them for hours on end without pain. Plus, they go with everything. You could wear them with just about everything else on this packing list.