As a woman ages, the skin loses elasticity, and the breast tissue becomes less firm, leading to sagging breasts. Age undoubtedly plays the main role in breast sagging. However, it’s possible for the breasts to sag at a fairly young age. The other reasons that contribute to the sag of your girls include:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the breast tissue stretches and expands, which can lead to sagging.
- Genetics: Some women may be predisposed to sagging breasts.
- Sudden weight changes: Rapid weight gain or loss can cause the skin to stretch and sag.
- Poor support: Wearing ill-fitted bras can make your bra sag. Even not wearing a bra at all can cause the breasts to sag over time. Because gravity will overtime affect your bosoms.
- Smoking: It could be one of the main reasons as smoking accelerates the ageing process, including the skin on the breasts, which can cause them to sag.
- Heavy Breasts: Mostly heavy-bust tends to sag early.
It’s important to note that breast sagging is a natural process and is not necessarily a cause for concern. However, if you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts or have other concerns, you should talk to a healthcare professional.
Wrong Bra Size Can Also Lead To Saggy Breast
As I already mentioned poor support is one of the main reasons for breast sagging. The wrong bra/band offer minimal to no support to your breasts. This results in saggy breasts over time. Let’s see how:
Almost all of a bra’s support should come from the bra band. If your band is too loose, the weight of your breasts will pull down the front of your bra (mere effect of gravity!).
Actionable: First check if you are wearing the right bra that fits like glove.
How to check: To check whether your bra band fits you well, place two fingers under your bra band. If there is ample space for them then your band size is too big. Try going down one band size and up one cup size. For example, if you are sagging in a size 36C bra, try 34D instead. For more help with the bra sizing, take a fit test.
Bra Size Calculator- Measure Your Bra Size in 2 Easy Steps
Get the perfect fit bra with our easy-to-use bra size calculator.
How to Improve the Condition of Sagging Breasts?
There are several things that can help improve the condition of sagging breasts:
- Exercise: Strength training exercises that target the chest muscles, such as push-ups, chest presses, and flies, can help improve the appearance of sagging breasts by strengthening the muscles underneath.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: Since a rapid change in weight can lead to breasts sagging, hence maintaining a healthy weight can help prevent or reduce sagging breasts.
- Wear a supportive bra: A properly fitting bra can provide support and lift to the breasts, reducing the appearance of sagging.
- Moisturization: Keeping your breast moisturise helps improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of sagging. You can do it withSkivia Breast Firming Oil. Yes, you heard it right! You can prevent breast sagging through a good breast-firming oil too. Regular application of a natural breast-firming oil strengthens and firms breast skin. This isn’t a temporary or quick solution but an effective solution for the long run.
- Consider surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to improve the appearance of sagging breasts. Breast lift surgery, also known as mastopexy, can lift and reshape sagging breasts.
It’s important to remember that breast sagging is a natural process and is not necessarily a cause for concern. However, if you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts or have other concerns, you should talk to a healthcare professional.
Best Bras To Prevent Breast From Sagging
Those dealing with sagging breasts should pick the right type of bra for proper support. The key to finding the best bra for sagging breasts is finding your right bra size. A properly fitted bra makes your breasts look lifted, perky, and upright, no matter what is your age. For that, find your perfect band size. Almost all of a bra’s support should come from the bra band.
If your band is too loose, the weight of your breasts will pull down the front of your bra. So, first, get a professional fitting test before buying the perfect bra for sagging breasts.
After you know your correct bra size you can explore the following type of bras for sagging breasts.
5 bras to lift your sagging breasts
There are women who love to flaunt their assets and then, there are women who are embarrassed by them. Well, the reason for the embarrassment is sagging breasts. A common problem weathered by females in India, the sagging could be because of a number of reasons. Though it can be attributed mostly to ageing, sometimes lifestyle also has a role to play in breasts losing their natural shape. Also, one of the major reasons for sagging breasts is wearing inappropriate bra. But here’s help, by simply picking the right bra you can actually stop your breasts from sagging any further. Here’s a look at 5 bra styles you need to pick up right now to lift your assets as well as your spirits.
The most commonly used bra, a t-shirt bra is often given a miss by women with sagging breasts because they think that this smooth and seamless piece of lingerie will not be able to help them. And, that’s where women go wrong. Designed to seem invisible under tight tops and dresses, these bras provide the best comfort and support to breasts. A T-shirt bra is a must for women with heavy breasts as such bras provide a natural lift to breasts.
Perfect for women with fuller busts, full-cup bra provides complete coverage to the assets. Since it covers the entire breast, it obviously stops the breasts from sagging any further. Opt for these if you are looking for ultimate comfort.
04/6Wired support bra
While some women still freak out at the thought of having a wire under their breasts, believe us wired bras or underwire bras can prove to be blessing for you if you have your breasts falling all over the place. Made of resin, plastic or metal, these bras help your breasts stay in shape and seem lifted.
Another bra which can help you deal with sagging breasts is the plunge bra. A plunge bra produces a v-shaped neckline and consequently gives breasts a little push to the centre of cleavage. An excellent bra for women with sagging breasts, a plunge bra is specially designed to be worn under deep neck dresses.